Contact Canine Behavior Center, Inc.
(206) 367-8071 Seattle/Lynnwood • (425) 488-0923 Bothell/Mill Creek
(425) 898-1341 Redmond/Kirkland • (425) 562-9170 Bellevue/Mercer Island
1-888-CANINE8 Marysville/Snohomish • 1-888-226-4638 South King County
Serving the Greater Seattle Area Since 1980
Canine Behavior Center Services
1. OBEDIENCE CLASSES in five locations. We offer Basic Obedience and Advanced Obedience classes. Expert professional obedience trainers and canine behaviorists give these classes. No volunteers.
2. AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB CANINE GOOD CITIZEN testing to obtain a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certification.
3. AGILITY CLASSES in Redmond on Sundays offering Basic Agility and Advanced Agility classes.
4. HOME CONSULTATIONS/PRIVATE OBEDIENCE for problem solving and training.
5. SEMINARS for the whole family: directed at solving problems related to socializing the new puppy or older dog to live with you by your rules, within the limits that you set.
6. SELECTING THE RIGHT DOG for your family.
7. DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITY in Redmond available 7:00AM-7:00PM Monday through Friday.
8. BOARDING FACILITY in Redmond. Kennel-free boarding, however, space is limited so make your reservations early!
Basic Obedience Classes
This course is devised so that you can communicate to your dog what is expected of him/her and that self-control is expected in the face of distractions. Behavior problems at home and in public are addressed.
Dogs are trained on hand signals and voice commands to do the following on leash:
COME FROM A DISTANCE
DOWN FROM A DISTANCE
PUPPIES MAY BEGIN TRAINING AT
FOURTEEN WEEKS OF AGE
9-Week Course Cost: $130.00
Including 2-hour Problem Solving Seminar
Advanced Obedience Classes
This course is available to further enhance your obedience training experience. In this class, you will continue the process of teaching your dog the concept of off leash obedience commands. There is flexibility in the Advanced Obedience class to work on specially requested commands as desired by each of the class members.
Prerequisite: All dogs enrolling in the Advanced Obedience class must have obtained a passing score in the Basic Obedience class.
Dogs are trained on hand signals and voice commands to do the following off leash:
Off leash heeling, stays, and comes
Out of sight stays and comes
Drop on the recall
5-Week Course Cost: $85.00
AKC Canine Good Citizen testing
A certified AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator will be administering the CGC test. The Cost of the test is $20.00. To receive the CGC award all dogs must successfully complete the 10-part test.The CGC evaluation is designed to test dogs in everyday situations. All dogs who have passes the evaluation earn a Canine Good Citizen Certificate through the American Kennel Club. The test is open to everyone.
Agility training is enjoyable for both the people and the dogs. The dogs gain confidence, and they love the challenge. It enhances the relationship between the dogs and their handlers, and provides an atmosphere to continue training that is unique and rewarding.
Prerequisite: All dogs enrolling in the agility class must have obtained a passing score in the basic obedience class.
5-Week Course Cost: $85.00
Home Consultations / Private Obedience
Sessions are tailored to your needs. Behavior problems can be addressed in a manner that will work for your dog and your family. Basic obedience can be taught on a private basis if a class setting is not what you want or need.
Behavior Problem Solving Seminars
A Canine Behaviorist holds these behavior problem-solving seminars. All of your questions related to the socialization and problem behavior of your dog (dogs) will be addressed. An emphasis is placed on PREVENTION and teaching the dog to live in your house or yard by the standards desired by your family and within the limits you set. The following special issues are dealt with AT THE SEMINAR: Jumping up, mouthing and mild aggression, barking, digging, chewing, fence jumping, chasing cars, bikes and people, door bolting, boundary training, house and company manners, and much more.
Cost of seminar attendance is $20.00 for the entire family. Free if you are a paid member of a current class.
Selecting the Right Dog
This analysis determines the breeds of dogs that would be best suited to your family and your lifestyle. Temperament testing, once you find a dog or litter you are interested in, will help you to ensure that the dog's temperament is what you want and need.
DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITY in Redmond available 7:00AM -7:00PM Monday through Friday. Your dog can be playing with other dogs and burning up all that energy instead of sitting at home alone all day.
BOARDING FACILITY in Redmond. Kennel-free boarding. Space is limited so make your reservations early! The dogs get to play all day and have a fun vacation themselves.